Transform Your Smile With Dental Veneers
When it comes to changing the appearance of your teeth, there are many different cosmetic procedures you can choose from depending on what exactly you want to change. At Cummins Dental Group in Silver Spring, Maryland, we offer our patients many cosmetic procedures, including dental veneers. Our patients often choose veneers who want a single tooth or a complete smile makeover. If you are interested in getting dental veneers in Silver Spring, schedule a consultation today!
What is a Veneer?
Veneers are custom-made thin sheets of dental material covering the outer surface of the teeth or tooth you want to change. Due to the veneer being on the outer surface of the teeth, they can change many characteristics of the entire smile, including:
- Improve the appearance of teeth
- Closing unwanted gaps in-between teeth
- Fix crookedness or misalignment
- Fix worn-down teeth
- Make teeth the same length
- Correct chipped teeth
- Change the shade of your smile to your desired whiteness
Working closely with the dentist, you can discuss if dental veneers are best for you and how you would like them to change your smile. Another essential matter to discuss is what dental material you want for your veneers.
Types of Dental Veneers
Our office offers two types of veneers to fit our patient’s specific needs and wants. Both types of veneers allow us to help change the whole appearance of your smile. The two types are:
- Porcelain Veneers: These veneers are made of dental porcelain, giving them an enamel-like feel. Porcelain veneers are the more durable and permanent of the two types. Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light-reflecting properties of natural teeth. Porcelain veneers are made in a dental lab. Once they return from the lab, we will bond them to your teeth.
- Composite Resin Veneers: Instead of being made in a dental lab and then bonded to your teeth, these veneers are placed directly on your teeth at your appointment. They are less durable and give a temporary fix but are less expensive.
Veneers are a durable and long-lasting solution for improving your smile, and they can last for many years with proper care. Deciding which veneer is best for you can only be done with the help and consultation of our dentist, Dr. Cummins, at Cummins Dental Group. If you want to change your appearance with a complete smile makeover, please contact or come into our Silver Spring, Maryland office to speak with our dental professionals about veneers.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Veneers?
People with healthy tooth enamel and who do not have any gum disease are generally good candidates for veneers. Candidates for veneers should also have realistic expectations about what veneers can achieve and should be committed to taking good care of their teeth.
Veneers are not suitable for everyone. The procedure is irreversible because we must remove some of the natural tooth enamel to make room for the veneer.
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
Veneers typically last between 10 and 15 years with proper care. Good oral hygiene practices, such as brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and seeing a dentist regularly, will help extend the life of veneers. Avoiding habits that can damage teeth, such as using your teeth as tools or biting your nails, will also help veneers last longer.
Silver Spring Dental Veneers
At Cummins Dental Group, we offer high-quality dental veneers that can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile. Because our veneers are custom-made, we can create a completely natural-looking smile that is uniquely yours. If you are interested in our dental veneers or would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cummins, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
We look forward to helping you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve!